About Me

I'm 33 and have been married since 2004. We were TTC for over 10 years and went through fertility treatment over 5 years. Unfortunately, I have endometriosis and adenomyosis but these havent been proven to be a cause to our infertility, we are in that huge black hole of 'unexplained'. In 2017, we decided on plan B and moved to Cornwall.

Thursday 6 May 2010

And so it begins...

...our ICSI journey.

After 5yrs of TTC (with 1 yr break due to adenomyosis treatment) we are about to embark on our final leg of the journey.  We have had 3 failed IUI attempts and are now due to start ICSI in June/July.  We only get 1 attempt on NHS (+ any frozen embies) and after that its all over as I will never get pg naturally.  We havent got our written protocol yet as I've got to have my antral follicle scan in a few weeks to determine dosages etc.  Then I start the pill for 3 weeks to regulate things and its onto Buserelin for down-regs and Menopur for stimms.  I'm used to doing the pregnyl injection from the IUI's but these injections I am really NOT looking forward to :o(  I am sure all will be ok though and if we get that fabulous outcome, then it will all become a distant memory.

So, here it is, the start of my final journey for a baby.  Hoping and praying it will lead to my family being complete. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment